Managing your finances is one of the most difficult jobs for any person. And when it comes to managing your finance during recession, you really need to take some helpful tips from a financial adviser. But this will also be a costly task as the financial adviser will also charge his fees. Here’s an outlook into the matter. As you proceed reading this article, you will be able to gather some important useful tips on how to manage your finance when you are falling into the lap of recession.
Before we start to discuss where and where not to utilize your available finance during recession, let’s get to know what a recession actually means. Reduction in an economy’s GDP or gross domestic product for a period of continuous three quarters is referred to as recession. However, NBER, National Bureau of Economic Research formally defines a recession as three consecutive quarters of falling real gross domestic product. Surviving during recession is not an easy task. Many people who were earlier making it from paycheck to paycheck are now held with no or little money. Generally, recession lasts for about 6 to 18 months. But this duration may somehow seem to be a longer one as people go on with lesser money in hand.
We present to you some helpful tips on how to manage your finance during a recession;
1. Make it a habit to check your bank account on a regular basis. Maintain a statement of coming in and going out of cash. Always try to make the payments on time as this will not increase the interest rates on them. Keep an up to date cash flow forecast.
- Try to reduce your daily expenses as much as you can. This involves the calculation of every single penny being spent on buying the daily needs. Stick to necessities. Make a clear account of each single penny being spent. Each single penny is essential during the recession times for which you will appraise yourself later.
- Credit cards increase debts. As long as you carry a credit card with yourself, you are sure to spend on unnecessary things which will ultimately increase your debts. So try as much possible to keep away your credit cards.
- Avoid borrowing money from anyone. As long as you continue to borrow money, you keep yourself sinking in to the weird situation of recession. This way you can never come out of recession with a stable financial standing.
- Continue to pay the premiums. When you continue paying the premiums, if any, you are in a way securing your money. This is because this premium amount will come back to you and that too as a huge amount. Also if you pay the premium which is going from a long time then you save those premium amounts which have already been paid in the past. And if you discontinue paying the premiums then you may lose the amount which has already been paid.
- You should look for extra sources of income other than your ongoing one. This is how you can increase your income. No matter if extra income comes to you in smaller amounts, but do keep looking for options to generate it. For at least, something is better than nothing. Do not waste time rather spend it on earning extra for yourself. It would certainly help you in longer run.
You have to, at any cost manage your finance during recession as there is no other way getting out of it. Managing your finance and earning extra income seems to be the only mantra to keep yourself going during recession.